Electronic file formats
Our translators are able to process the following types
of electronic files for use on Microsoft Windows® platforms.
If the type of file you want to send us is not included
here, please get in touch and we'll see if we can open and process it
using our software tools.
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or later (.docx, .xlsx, etc.)(= Word, Excel,
- Microsoft Office 97/2000/2002/XP/2003
- OpenOffice (.odt, .ods, .odp, etc.)
- PDF files *
* If your PDFs are not password-protected, we can generally either
export the content of these into new Word files, which we can then
translate, or create new Word files using OCR software.
DTP file formats
- Adobe InDesign files (CS2 and later) (.inx) **
- Adobe FrameMaker files (.mif) **
** Please contact me to see which file formats can be
processed by the translators working in the particular combination of
languages you need. Many of my translators use software tools that work
with interchange files like FrameMaker's .mif and InDesign's .inx.
Other common file formats
- TXT files ("plain text")
- RTF files ("rich text format")
- comma-separated files (.csv)
- XML files
- SGML files
- HTM, HTML, ASP and PHP files
- Java files
- resource files (.rc)
Links to other pages
» Back to the first page
» See what languages we cover
» Request a quote
» Look for another topic.
Amper Translation Service, ATS, overview, translation,
editing, translator, editor, proofreader, linguist, translation agency,
resources, tools, software, file formats,
file types, document types